List holidays and observances in countries worldwide, add holidays to calendars, or read about when, why, and how they are celebrated.
Calendars on timeanddate.com
- Calendar: Free online calendar available for more than 200 countries worldwide.
- Printable Calendar (PDF): A separate service for more printer-friendly calendars.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Where can I find only a list of holidays?
The holiday section features a link to all the countries in our database. Click the country link to go to the list of holidays for each country, and edit which holidays to show in the list via the links Change Year | Change Holidays | Change Country above the list. Each holiday link features more information and dates. Some holiday pages have text articles; others include only dates.
How do I customize the holiday list?
Click Change holidays: below the header and select which holidays you want to display from the drop-down menu. If you select the bottom choice, Custom - choose holidays, a list of tick boxes will appear where you can make your selection. We currently offer different alternatives for different countries, based on the population in each country.
Can I list only religious holidays?
At the moment, you cannot list only holidays from a certain religion in the holidays section. On the calendar page, there is an option to list major holidays from some religions for some countries, depending on the population in that country.
Why is a holiday missing?
If you are in the UK, please see: Why is the UK holiday list missing holidays in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland?
You may need to change the selection of holidays (see the top question in this section), or we may not have that holiday in our database. If you want to notify us of a missing holiday, please use the feedback form at the bottom of the page.
Why is the UK holiday list missing holidays in England, Scotland, Wales, or Northern Ireland?
As the UK consists of four constituent countries, the holidays which are not observed in all four countries are categorized as local holidays. Choose Holidays (incl. all local) and observances in the Select drop-down menu below the holidays section or select from the Custom — choose holidays... and tick the ones you want to display.
At this point, it is not possible to select the local holidays in only one of the constituent countries.
How do I find the date for a holiday in a different year?
Select the calendar for a different year, and look in the holiday list below the calendar.
Alternatively, click the link to the relevant country in the holiday section and click the holiday link in the list. You will find a list of dates at the bottom of each holiday page.
When will holidays for country X be included?
We update our holiday database continuously. However, there are still holidays we do not feature. If you have information about additional holidays based on official sources, please send us an email including a link to the source to [email protected].
Why is Holy Saturday sometimes called Easter Saturday?
Strictly speaking, Easter Saturday is the Saturday after Easter. However, the term is widely used when referring to Holy Saturday, which is the day after Good Friday and before Easter Sunday. According to our search statistics, most people search for Easter Saturday when, in fact, they are looking for Holy Saturday. This is why we have decided to use it in this way.
How do I change or remove holidays below the calendar?
Our holiday database features thousands of holidays worldwide. However, they may not all appear on the calendar by default. To choose which holidays you want in the calendar, you can either select them directly on the calendar page (See no. 1 below) or use the advanced customizing option (See no. 2 below).
1. Selecting holidays on the calendar page
- On the calendar page there is a holiday section in a box below the calendar, and below the list of holidays, there are links and a drop-down menu where you can edit which holidays are featured in the list.
- Links for adding Common observances, Daylight Saving Time dates, and Seasons (equinox and solstice dates) are available for some countries.
- The Select button opens a drop-down menu with options to either show No holidays or to add official holidays and observances, as well as religious celebrations commonly observed in that country. The selection varies according to country.
2. Selecting holidays in the customizing form
- Click the More options button above the calendar and select Advanced customization.
- Click the tab called Holidays.
- In the Select holidays drop-down menu, select Custom - choose holidays.
- Choose the holiday selection you wish to appear below your calendar. You can also choose No holidays.
- Click the button Show Calendar or Show & Save Calendar at the bottom of the page to save your selection.
Where can I find more information about the site and its services?
The General FAQ Page answers your questions about timeanddate.com, our services, site-wide settings, customization options, advertising opportunities, and copyright policies.